[xep-support] Can RenderX be used for non FO XSLT/XML processing?

Oliver Becker obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 19 01:16:21 PST 2003

> I have long been a fan of Michael Kay's no-cost XSLT engine, Saxon.  The
> most recent version of Saxon even has some support for the emerging XSLT
> 2.0 specification, while still fully supporting XSLT 1.0.  You can find
> this engine readily by Googling for it, or by going to
> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/

7.* isn't stable, so for production uses Michael Kay recommends the 6.*
version.

By the way, the xep release contains and uses saxon.jar!
Usage:
java -jar $XEPHOME/lib/saxon.jar -o result.xml source.xml stylesheet.xsl

(for windows the command line differs a little bit, probably
java -jar %XEPHOME%\lib\saxon.jar ...)

XEPHOME is your xep installation directory. It's used here in this message
as a placeholder, not necessarily as a true environment variable.

HTH,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |