[xep-support] ps vs. pdf

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Fri Dec 5 05:41:00 PST 2003

Hello Detlef,

1. PDF to PDF links works properly only when PDF produced directly by
   our PDF backend. I agree that it should be stated in our
   documentation more clearly. We will consider your report as request
   for enhancement.
2. PDF files produced by our PDF generator conform to PDF spec 1.3.
   As far as I understand you can view those files in Acrobat without any
   problems and print it, except for some printers. I believe this is
   the problem of those printers or Acrobat/printer interaction rather
   then of XEP itself. If you can provide us with detailed information
   about what exactly in our PDF makes those printers choke we may
   consider implement some kind of workaround for them if we find it
   feasible.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX