[xep-support] Can Renderx be used within an EJB ?

Thonger, Ewan Ewan.Thonger at bskyb.com
Thu Aug 28 03:49:26 PDT 2003

Hi Louis,

We've succesfully used XEP from within an EJB. XEP does not create separate
threads, but you will notice "Illegal System.exit() attempted" messages when
XEP is initialised. This is because XEP invokes
'System.runFinalizersOnExit(true)' in an attempt to ensure its temporary
directory is cleaned up on VM exit. You can safely ignore this message
though.

Cheers,
Ewan.