[xep-support] vertical block alignment

Jack Broeren jbroeren at ambrac.nl
Mon Aug 25 04:13:27 PDT 2003

Hi there,

i have been strugling the last few days with a toc problem:
what i want is the following:

it's a two columns toc and every item should be like:

NR	some title text	pagenr

NR is a chapter number: should be right aligned: is no problem
'some title text' is the chapter text: should be aligned left and
can span multiple lines: no problem either
pagenr is the pagenr: it should be aligned right and at the
same height as the last line of chapter text: here the puzzle starts

I tried the <fo:leader> in a block with the 'text-align-last="justify"'
attribute but sometimes the pagenr gets pushed to the new line and i get
a line like:
         1             9

I tried nested fo-list blocks but i can't find a way to get the pagenr
at the same height as the last line of the chapter title.

I am obviously missing something simple, i hope. Can anyone tell me
what it is ?

kind regards,

	Jack Broeren (Ambrac)

---