[xep-support] XEP 3 + XALAN

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Tue Apr 29 07:58:21 PDT 2003

> >>it still uses XT for internal purposes,
> >>because it is faster and smaller. Usually many times faster
> >>and smaller than XALAN.
>
> Even so, it is more important to me to be functional, than fast, and I
> have code that works with Xalan, where I've had no luck with XT after
> many hours.
>
> So the previous message stating, "XEP is JAXP-aware" is not entirely
> true?
>
> Would it be possible to get a patch that allows me to use a JAXP
> transformer?

Kevin,

please read the documentation.

XEP is JAXP-aware. It uses both a JAXP-compliant component to load
SAX parser and call XSLT transformer for xml+xsl->fo transformation
and XT for its internal purposes.

You have to have both XALAN and XT in the path. XT is an immanent
part of XEP. It is not used for xml+xsl->fo transformations.

David Tolpin