FW: Re[4]: [xep-support] Does XEP support Chinese characters?

PIERRES at hthk.com PIERRES at hthk.com
Fri Apr 25 19:13:19 PDT 2003

Hi Alex,

I found the problem was solved again.
I found XEP always convert each character reference entity into a double
byte characters in postscript output.
So I changed the previous encoding as follows:

<fo:block>&#xA46A;&#xA470;&#xB371;&#xA659;</fo:block>

Then the output was what I expected.

But if character reference entity always become two byte characters in
postscript output,
I could like to know how I could output a normal ascii characters (i.e. one
btye only) using character reference entity.

Thanks!
Pierre So