[xep-support] Ant Task ClassCastException

Kevin Ross Kevin.Ross at iVerticalLeap.com
Wed Apr 23 08:32:10 PDT 2003

>>By the way, in XEP Ant Task documentation it is stated as a first step
>>of configuration. :-)

I can read, thanks ;)

Since the client administrator with little knowledge of Java is
deploying this package, I am trying to make the installation steps as
few/simple as possible, otherwise I have to spend time supporting the
installation process, time and time again.

Is there a reason why the <taskdef> does not work with a @classpathref
in this case? @see http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/taskdef.html

Using this method of throwing all jars for all new tasks in the ANT
environment seems quite intrusive and unnecessary.  If I had to do this
with each new taskdef for each script, the ANT lib directory would be
crowded.

This script defines <xep> and provides a valid classpath.  My question
is: why doesn't my script work with your ANT task when it has with
others?

-Kevin