[xep-support] fo:choose for markers?

Chris Gates cgates at umich.edu
Mon Oct 28 09:29:20 PST 2002

I'm wondering if there is a functionality in FO that would enable me to conditionally adjust content in a manner similar to xsl:choose.  Specifically I'm interested in comparing two <fo:retrieve-marker> values and printing them both if they are not equal, but only one if they are equal.

For example if a single page on a dictionary is devoted entirely to the word Aardvark, I don't want the running header to say "Aardvark - Aardvark", I just want it to say "Aardvark".
Any thoughts?
cg