[xep-support] scale-when-image-is-too-big

Clay Leeds cleeds at medata.com
Mon Oct 14 08:57:52 PDT 2002

Matthias,

Do you have example code for passing the new image height & width values to
the XSL template? Are you using xsl:param & with-param coupled with
xsl:call-template? I'm having problems implementing this type of system
into my template.

Also, I'm modifying the margin-top & margin-bottom based on the elements
that are there. I'd like to do some sort of algorithm to compute this
(i.e., adding up each component to reach the total "margin-top" and using
that figure), instead of using hard-coded values using
xsl:choose/when/otherwise. Does anyone have any examples of this?

Thanks!

Clay Leeds

At 08:26 AM 10/14/2002, you wrote:
>Hi,   I handle this problem as follows: Before calling XEP, I call a
>little Perl script that uses Image Alchemy to determine the dimensions (in
>pixel) and resolution of each image file. Based on this, the script
>calculates the width and height (in cm) of each graphic and stores the
>result in an xml-file.   For each graphic, my stylesheet reads the graphic
>width and height from this xml-file and compares it with the print area
>width and height. If the image exceeds the print area, the stylesheet
>computes a scale factor for width and height and uses the lesser of these
>values for both content-width and content-height.   Hope this
>helps.   Regards Matthias     -----Original Message-----

Clay Leeds
Web Developer/Programmer
cleeds at medata.com