[xep-support] How to count elements on a page

Mete Kural metekural at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 10:56:22 PST 2002

Hello XEP-Support,

In our print project, I need to have a footnote for
every page that shows the count of a certain number of
elements on that page only. And I need to do this with
XEP.

For example, I have a page with dictionary entries. I
want to have a footnote on the right bottom corner
that shows how many dictionary entries there is on
that specific page. For every page, there will be a
footnote telling the count of dictionary entries on
the page. How do I count the number of certain
elements - for instance <dictionary-entry> elements -
on a "page" and print the total count for that page as
a footnote on the page.

Thanks,
Mete Kural