[xep-support] Cannot parse

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Fri Nov 29 10:47:25 PST 2002

> Hello XEP-Support,
>
> I installed the XEP 3.13 evaluation version on a
> Windows 2000 machine. I'm trying to render a PDF file
> with the below command:
>
> java com.renderx.xep.JAXPDriver
> -DCONFIG=c:\java\XEP\etc\xep.xml -xml quran_test.xml -xsl quran_book.xsl -out quran_test_xep.pdf -format PDF
>
> It gives me this exception:
>
> com.renderx.xep.lib.ConfigurationException: cannot
> parse '~\etc\fonts.xml' as URL

Mete,

the message says that it cannot determine XEP ROOT directory;
paths starting with tilde are relative to the ROOT. If you
decided to use the command line, then the correct syntax would
be

java com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver -DCONFIG=c:\java\XEP\etc\xep.xml -DROOT=c:\java\XEP  -xml quran_test.xml -xsl quran_book.xsl -out quran_test_xep.pdf -format PDF

or just use xep.bat generated and configured by the installation program.

David Tolpin