[xep-support] Running headlines and TOC

Els van Trigt evtrigt at ambrac.nl
Thu Nov 28 06:08:06 PST 2002

When running XEP, I found a discrepancy between running headlines,
indicating chapter titles, and the actual page on which Chapters start.
I have set markers on Chapter titles and other titles, retrieving them both
for the Table of Contents and for the running headlines.
In the TOC, the chapter titles are ahead one page, and the same is true for
the running headlines; they do not run synchronically.
I thought it might have something to do with the page-sequence and the
"force-page-count" (="end-on-even"), but then when I tested the same
stylesheets in the Antenna House formatter, I did not get this discrepancy
and the start of chapter, the running headlines and the reference in TOC all
three correspond.

Any clue?

(Maybe it is only related to the version of XEP I'm using - I'm using XEP
2.7 because the customer that needs the stylesheets has a XEP 2.7 licence)

Els van Trigt

Ambrac Information Management
Pieterstraat 11
3512 JT Utrecht