[xep-support] Another float question

Matthias.Belz at Springer.de Matthias.Belz at Springer.de
Wed Nov 20 04:30:23 PST 2002

Hello,

I've come across an FO-file with a float-object that includes
two images. These images are too big to fit on one page, so
there's a page break. However, the result doesn't look like
I expect it to. Here's an example:

<fo:float float="before">
  <fo:block>
    <fo:external-graphic src="url(pic1.jpg)"/>
    <fo:external-graphic src="url(pic2.jpg)"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:float>
<fo:block>
  texttexttexttext
</fo:block>

results in:

 +----------+    +----------+
 | +------+ |    | +------+ |
 | |      | |    | |      | |
 | | pic1 | |    | | pic2 | |
 | |      | |    | |      | |
 | +------+ |    | +------+ |
 | texttext |    |          |
 | texttext |    |          |
 +----------+    +----------+

i.e. the two pictures of the float object are seperated by text
that IMO shouldn't be there, but after pic2. Is XEP behaving according
to the XSL specs? (I tried to understand them, but it's all Greek to
me). Or is there any other way to inhibit the float and non-float
content are mixed? I tried float="left" and float="start", but that
caused XEP v2.77 to crash ("java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.renderx.FO2PDF.I.Flow") and XEP v3.12 Trial do skip the pictures
("?no space for an element, trying to recover").

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthias

--
Matthias Belz <Matthias.Belz at springer.de>
Electronic Technologies, Springer-Verlag Heidelberg