[xep-support] Flush unprocessed floats

Gustaf Liljegren gustaf.liljegren at xml.se
Tue Nov 19 09:05:21 PST 2002

At 16:50 2002-11-19 +0100, you wrote:

Hello Matthias,

>and v3.12 Trial). BTW, I use float="before" instead of float="left",
>I don't know if this is relevant for the problem.

There's a note about before floats:

  http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/html/spec.html#d1e615

"Top-floats (float="before") area is drawn on top of the following page."

I came across the wording in the spec earlier when working with
side-floats, and I'm still not sure exactly what they mean with before
floats. Don't know if I have ever seen one. :-)

6.10.1.1: "The fo:float formatting object is used for two distinct
purposes. First, so that during the normal placement of content, some
related content is formatted into a separate area at the beginning of a
page where it is available to be read without immediately intruding on the
reader. The areas generated by this kind of fo:float are called
before-floats."

Gustaf