[xep-support] Output Behavior Of Embedded Driver Object

W. Eliot Kimber eliot at isogen.com
Mon Nov 18 17:32:18 PST 2002

I have some simple Java code that wraps XEP in order to make it easier
to call from Epic editor. I've noticed that if my code does not do any
writing to stderr, then XEP doesn't appear to issue any messages, but if
my code does write to stderr, then I get the usual message output (as
from the cmdline use of XEP).

Is this just a normal Java thing or is something deeper going on? I will
eventually need to control the message output behavior for Driver but I
haven't really dug into it yet.

I am using a ValidationEventHandler for enabling validation and that
works great.

Thanks,

E.
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot at isogen.com