[xep-support] XSL and Relax NG

Gustaf Liljegren gustafl at algonet.se
Sat Nov 9 17:54:14 PST 2002

Eliot wrote:

>I'm not sure what schema validation would have to do with XEP or any
>other FO processor--do you mean validation of the schema document itself
>or validation of instances against the schema?

I meant the latter, but you're right. Neither the transformation nor the
formatting processes needs any document validation. I thought for a moment
the transformation would need validation in *normal* circumstances.

>formatting or its transformation into FO (except to the degree that your
>transform depends on the id() function working).

Yes, I can think of a few situations when validation in the transformation
stage would be useful, but it's certainly right to have it optional.

So, Saxon wouldn't yell if I refer to a RNG schema (acctually, I don't know
how to do that, but just imagine)?

Gustaf