[xep-support] Configuring Asian Fonts How-To

W. Eliot Kimber eliot at isogen.com
Sat Nov 9 15:00:58 PST 2002

I am trying to configure XEP under Windows to render Asian languages
(Japanes and Simplified Chinese to start with) and I'm not having much
luck, but largely because I have no idea what I should be doing.

I can render the Japanese and Chinese documents to Postscript and then
to PDF using XSL Formatter, so I think I have the requisite fonts and
whatnot available, but my understanding of fonts in practice is pretty
thin.

Can anyone help me get these documents to render?

Thanks,

Eliot
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot at isogen.com
Consultant, ISOGEN International