[xep-support] how do i make writing mode property work?

Rajat Vig rajat.vig at amdocs.com
Thu Nov 7 01:36:08 PST 2002

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the help. The writing mode worked.
I set it on the flow objects.

But still I don't see Hebrew text.
It's not coming garbled but it's coming empty, i.e., any text I write as
Hebrew it just doesn't come.
I am using the Times/serif font. I've attached the FO file.

There is yet another problem that has come up once I changed the writing
mode.
One of the tables in the static contents is not being drawn.
I tried rendering the same document through FOP and it shows me the table.
The table I'm referring to is the headings of the columns drawn in the body.

As for the transformation, I'll give it a try again for now I'm transforming
with Xalan myslef and calling XEP via a script for the FO.
I tried the JAXPDriver only and it complained about needing Saxon (I had
Xalan in my classpath) and Saxon complained my style sheet was incorrect.

I've a trial version of XEP. Could any of my problems be because of that?

Thanks,
Rajat Vig
E-mail: rajat.vig at amdocs.com
Phone (off): +357-25-845779
Phone (mobile): +357-99-822460

In the construction of Immortal Fame you need first of all a cosmic
shamelessness.
-- "Travels in Hyperreality" (1975) from Travels in Hyperreality