[xep-support] Vector graphics, recommendations?

Gustaf Liljegren gustaf.liljegren at xml.se
Tue Nov 5 02:57:17 PST 2002

I'll be finishing a book soon with plenty of illustrations made in Adobe
Illustrator 10. I hope to be able to use XEP. I've read XEP 3 would only
take vector graphics in EPS, which means I need to use the PS backend.
Since the book is about XML matters, it would make sence to have the images
in SVG. Is SVG coming back to XEP soon?

In general, what do you think about SVG for printing? Perhaps SVG is more
suitable for web graphics and not for printing? I'm fairly new to the Adobe
world of publishing, so I don't know what to expect from EPS either. Are
there other vector graphic formats considered for XEP in the future?

Gustaf