[xep-support] Doc Causes Null Pointer Exception

W. Eliot Kimber eliot at isogen.com
Fri Nov 1 08:24:09 PST 2002

When I run the attached doc with run.bat on Windows, I get this failure:

C:\cygwin\home\eliot\cvsisogen\training\xsl-fo\fo-examples>c:\XEP\run.bat
font-samples-01.fo
[input font-samples-01.fo]
[output font-samples-01.pdf]
(document
(validate [validation OK])
[system-id
file:/C:/cygwin/home/eliot/cvsisogen/training/xsl-fo/fo-examples/font-samples-01.fo]
(compile (masters (sequence-master [master-name body-page]))
(sequence [master-reference body-page](static-content [flow-name
xsl-region-before])(static-content
[flow-name xsl-region-after])(flow [flow-name xsl-region-body]
{?could not find a font matching 'CourierNew,monospaced', trying
'Helvetica'}

{?could not find a font matching 'CourierNew,monospaced', trying
'Helvetica'}

{?could not find a font matching 'Courier New,monospaced', trying
'Helvetica'}

{?could not find a font matching 'Courier New,monospaced', trying
'Helvetica'}

{!Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.renderx.xep.lib.EventLogger.info(EventLogger.java:216)
         at com.renderx.xep.lib.EventLogger.error(EventLogger.java:249)
         at com.renderx.xep.Driver.log(Driver.java:306)
         at com.renderx.xep.Driver.main(Driver.java:429)

The font not found errors I think are a side effect of the font list
parsing error reported earlier but the null pointer exception is new.
This document worked fine until I added the fo:inline with the
font-family="'Courier New'. If remove those attributes, the document
formats fine.

Cheers,

Eliot
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot at isogen.com