[xep-support] Block layout suggestion?

Mark Jackson mark.jackson at pyp.us
Thu Jul 18 11:01:56 PDT 2002

Hi --

I have a 3 column page layout (controlled by column-count="3" on region-body) that consists of free-flowing text.  During the flow, I need the ability to insert a block that spans 2 columns.  For example, the block might start somewhere during the first column of text.  The inserted block will have its own content of variable length (think of it as an advertisment).

I don't think the "span" attribute will help, and I can't use a block-container because they currently have to be positioned absolutely.  I would also like to avoid (if possible) laying the entire document out as a  huge table (instead leveraging the native ability of the formatter to create the columns).

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mark Jackson