[xep-support] CMYK

Gustaf Liljegren gustaf.liljegren at xml.se
Thu Jan 10 09:25:20 PST 2002

What is the current plan for implementing color separated images in XEP? We
are not currently needing it, but sometimes we get questions about this from
others, interested in XML publishing.

I'm not a printer myself, but as I understand the problem, professional
printing machines want colors to be separated according to a scheme called
CMYK. Such images are typically delivered in TIFF format. Some, on the other
hand, say that RGB images (as opposed to CMYK images) is the future. Perhaps
someone on the list can explain this more thorough to me?

Gustaf