[xep-support] xep questions

Magnus Ljungberg (BOS) MLjungberg at Scient.com
Sat Feb 23 12:55:25 PST 2002

Thanks, I have one follow-on question: WebSpere 3.5.3 implements Servlets
2.2 and uses Java 1.2.2; is your product tested and warranted for that
environment?  I am concerned about the 1.3 requirement.
  Cheers -- Magnus

-----Original Message-----
From: David Tolpin [mailto:dvd at renderx.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 3:10 AM
To: xep-support at renderx.com
Cc: mljungberg at scient.com
Subject: Re: [xep-support] xep questions

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
> understand this format, some or all of this message may not be
> legible.
>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C1BBFB.A540361E
>
> I have a client that has a web site running on websphere 3.5.3 on a
> Solaris box.  Do you have any clients that uses that have embedded xep
> in such an environment?  I am thinking of embedding xep in a servlet,
> but can consider an EJB embedding, too.  How did they do it?

Yes, a number of our clients uses XEP intergrated into WebSphere
environment; an add-on component for the integration is currently provided
as an option with a commercial license. Below is an excerpt from
documentation:

1. INTRODUCTION

XEPWS integrates XEP rendering engine into a servlet container, like
IBM WebSphere or Jakarta Tomcat. The driver processes XSL-FO documents,
uploaded to web server, with XEP and send rendered documents back to the
client.

2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

- Java 2 SDK. Sun JDK 1.3 is highly recommended
- Servlet container compatible with Servlet 2.2 API
  (http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html)

David Tolpin