[xep-support] Using the COM interface

Peter Drivas peter.drivas at gexinc.com
Fri Feb 8 06:43:49 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to run the C client provided with the XEP distribution. I set the
CLASSPATH as described in the readme (
C:\XEP\lib\xep.jar;C:\XEP\lib\JimiProClasses.zip;C:\XEP\lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar
 ) and successfully registered the driver. My base directory is C:\XEP. The
driver is located in C:\WINNT\JAVA\TRUSTLIB\COM\renderx\XEPCOM. I'm running
on Windows NT 4.0.

I run the xep.bat file, so the Root is set
to -Dcom.renderx.FO2PDF.ROOT=C:\XEP\. It appears that the object is created
and the root is set, but the call to 'render' fails. It looks like it can't
find the class definition.

I looked in the registry and found that the driver is registered as
"com.renderx.XEPCOM.COMDriver". It looks like it's trying to access
"com.renderx.FO2PDF.render". Is it possible that there's a naming mismatch?
Anybody have experience with this and know why it would fail?

Thanks,
Peter Drivas
GEX, Inc.