[xep-support] Indenting in table cells

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Thu Dec 19 12:39:13 PST 2002

> What is the rule of thumb ... at what constructs will inheritance during
> refinement be ignored?  Are there any plans to change this to allow the
> inheritance at all times?

XEP does not do inheritance through reference-areas. We realize that
in the current circumstances this is not the best solution and are going
to change the default behaviour with the next (3.2) release of XEP
(while keeping compatibility mode).

However I'd like to mention again, that although  I'm a proponent of
compliant behaviour, inheriting indents through reference-areas is
an evil things that creates a lot of trouble.

David