[xep-support] Xep help

R CampbellLawrence R.CampbellLawrence at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Aug 5 11:21:26 PDT 2002

Hi

I've downloaded XEP and worked through your tutorial but I need some
guidance on something that isn't quite clear to me.  I'm currently
doing a project where I'm taking in user input, inserting it into my
XML document and from there I want to create a PDF file.  As sections
of the document are change due to user input I need to be able to
automatically transform my XML and XSL documents into XSL FO so that
a PDF document can be created.  What I want to know is how I
automatically do this?  My project is very similar to the CV Writing
Assistant demonstrated on your web site.

I had been typing in the following command into the command prompt

run hammer.xml [hammer.xsl]

but this does not work and on the command prompt the error list is
not a pair appears.

As I've never used XEP or anything like this before I really don't
have a clue as to what to do or if I need to download anything else
etc... and as my project leader has never done anything like this
before and so is of no help either.

Your help would be very much appreciated as I only have a few more
weeks before my project must be submitted.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Rachael