[xep-support] vertical-align

Carbone, Jim Jim.Carbone at nav-international.com
Wed Apr 24 10:48:46 PDT 2002

I'm a little confused.  Please help me decipher the XSL 1.0 recommendation.

Under the vertical-align shorthand property it states that the
vertical-align applies to inline-level and 'table cell' elements.  As you
point out, the property maps to only inline properties:

	alignment-baseline
	alignment-adjust
	baseline-shift
	dominant-baseline

What is the recommendation referring to with "'table-cell" elements"?

Second, is your answer telling us that the solution is to do something like
this:

<fo:table-cell>
	<fo:block>
		<fo:inline-container alignment-baseline="before-edge">
			Test cell - aligned top and left
		</fo:inline>
	</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>