[xep-support] problem with embedding fonts

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Wed Apr 17 13:21:27 PDT 2002

Steffen,

> I embedded a Type 1 Font into a fo file and i can view
> the file with acrobat reader 4. But if i'm trying to print
> the file to a ps printer it comes up with an error message
> like "offending command". if im using ttfonts than its
> working fine. any idea?

Absolutely no idea. We know that this happens with certain fonts
on certain printers (PostScript only: no problems encountered so far
when printing to PCL devices). But we are still unable to trace
any defect in our PDF that makes it behave like this.

As a wild guess, try to switch subsetting off for the font embedded.
Maybe our subsetting algorithm gets confused by the font sructure.

Anyhow, I would like to examine the problem in more detail.
Could you please send me a minimal sample FO file that produces
such effect, with the offending font? Please send them to
support at renderx.com or to me directly. I will also need to
know the exact model of the printer, and the version of the
printer driver.

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev